Denial posting is one important part of the revenue cycle process. When done on time, we can send the denied claims to Account receivable and followup on those. It is very important to keep track of the revenue. A good payment processing team can provide critical insights into the overall effectiveness of your revenue cycle processes. The posting staff posts the payments immediately into the respective patient’s account, against that particular claim to reconcile them. The payment posting is handled according to client-specific rules that would indicate the cut-off levels to make adjustments, write-offs, refund rules, etc., sometimes patients do the part payment, so it is important to keep track of those as well.
Patient payments should be accounted in order to properly close the claim and avoid any inflated AR. We have extensive experience in processing payment received from patients via different channels like cash collections, checks, and credit cards (patient portals). Our payment processing professionals account for patient payments, make decisions on transferring any pending balances to secondary insurers, and resolve any credit balances.
Our value proposition
- Not only do we provide production and quality reports on our performance but also provide inputs on trends in denials, non-covered services, prior authorization, and deductible or co-payment collection issues at the point of service.
- We help our customers develop clearly defined policies for write-offs and adjustments. Based on these policies, we report any unusual contractual adjustments while processing payment transactions.
- We route denied claims to the appropriate coding and denial management team for rework and re-submission to payers in a timely manner.
- Identifying claims with secondary payers and processing claims for any remaining balances.
- Dashboards that provide instant access to process health indicators and enable continuous improvement.